Business owner, one word describes you… Do you know what it is?
Whether you’re the CEO, COO, company president, business owner, ring leader, “the-buck-stops-here” person; this one word describes you.
I’ll give you a hint: it applies to all leaders-world leaders, community leaders, and military leaders, too.
That one word is ALONE.
Yes, there is truth to that old saying: “It’s lonely at the top.” And as the owner of multiple businesses, I’m living proof because I’ve been there myself, many times-and I’ve witnessed it first-hand in the companies I help turn around.
Whether you agree or disagree, let me explain why you’re alone-isolated, insulated-on your own-even when you have hundreds of employees and belong to a “leaders-only” mastermind group.
Then I’m going to tell you how you can free yourself from the isolation and aloneness that go hand-in-hand with being the company leader… free yourself from that image of the mythical super-hero leader… free yourself so you can move your company forward in an exciting, new profit-generating way.
The word leader puts you in a class by yourself.
- First, the fact that you are the leader separates you from everyone else in your company.
- You set the tone, the temper, the tempo-the culture and the climate of your company. Yup, just like Steve Jobs.
- And yes, even when you have a top management team you can turn to, at the end of the day, the simple fact that the fortunes and failures of your company ride on your decisions-set you apart from everyone else.
- Of course, as the company leader, you are the one others turn to for answers and guidance. You are expected to…show confidence, influence and motivate others, resolve problems, take action, support your employees, create a culture of trust, embrace innovation, encourage team work, put out fires, be honest and open, move the company in a more profitable direction-the list goes on and on.
- Not only are you expected to have all of the answers, but you’re expected to stay calm, cool, and composed at all times-regardless of the deadlines and difficulties you face-regardless of what’s going on in your personal life.
Now, if you’re still thinking “I’m not alone” because you have a trustworthy team and you share information and your door is always open and you meet monthly with your mastermind group, I have news for you. (I’m not implying that your employees are slackers or you’re a lousy leader-but when it comes to making decisions-you’re it-you are ALONE.)
- Trusted company advisors turn into YES men and women. They might not start out that way, but to stay in your favor, they tell you what you want to hear. Besides, research shows that “group think” hinders innovation.
- People have their own agendas-and they may not be the same as yours. This goes for your employees and your mastermind partners.
- Some employees just want a job-some will feed you the wrong information and some will simply undermine you.
- Sure, you’re the leader, but it doesn’t mean everyone in your company willingly follows you.
At times running a company is stressful and scary. At times being the leader is stressful and scary.
Now that the dirty little secret is out, it’s time to act.
- If you want to shed stress…
- If you want to make smarter, more-rewarding business decisions…
- If you want to stretch and move in new directions…
- If you want to reach new markets…
- If you want to run a more efficient company…
- If you want more passionate employees who take more risks and more responsibility…
- If you want to create the company you always dreamed of creating-and enjoy doing it-but you aren’t sure how to go about creating it…
I want you to know that you can. And the best part is-you don’t have to do it ALONE.
You can… if you’re ready to take on a partner–a counselor–a confidant–a consigliere–someone who has no agenda-no personal stake in your company other than its success.
You can… if you want someone you can turn to for support 24/7-someone who will tell you the ugly, honest truth-someone who will always listen-someone who will be there to bounce ideas off-someone who has been there himself-someone who has turned ailing businesses into peak performers.
This is not about business coaching.
This is about forming an elite partnership-a special alliance between you and me where I share every ounce of my knowledge and know-how from 25 years of building, selling, and growing multi-million dollar companies.
This elite partnership is not for everyone. But if you’re committed-if you’re ready to renew the passion of everyone in your organization, I guarantee that our partnership will not only change your business-it will change your life-and the lives of those you serve.
You are the leader. You have the power. Only you can decide if this elite partnership is for you.
Call me (212-564-9959)… e-mail me (firstname.lastname@example.org)… get in touch with me. I’ll answer all of your questions. I’ll listen for as long as you want to talk. We can arrange a meeting to discuss how we can work together.
I can’t promise you it will be easy. After all, leading a business isn’t easy. What I can promise is that you won’t be ALONE.